Finished Monticello Dollhouse in 1/2 Inch Scale
35 5/8"W x 18"D x 19 3/4"H - 10 Huge Rooms
LIMITED EDITION - only 200 produced - The Jefferson Monticello, a model of elegance and symmetry, was designed by Jefferson himself, whose architectural prowess prompted a visitor in 1782 to note: "Mr. Jefferson is the first American who has consulted the Fine Arts to know how he should shelter himself from the weather." Thomas Jefferson's mountaintop home in Charlottesville, Virginia has attracted attention ever since Jefferson's day when sightseers regularly visited the grounds in the hope of catching a glimpse of the former president. In our own day, Monticello has been added to the United Nations list of World Heritage Sites that must be protected at all costs, designating the house and grounds as an international treasure. The true scale of this pre-finished Monticello model is actually 3/8" = 1 foot but has been developed to accessorize nicely with 1/2" scale dollhouse miniatures.
The Monticello was 40 years in the making and came to completion at the end of Jefferson's Presidency in 1809.
The 1/2 Inch Scale Finished Monticello Dollhouse Extraordinary Scale Model Features:
- Monticello is a classic architectural National Treasure
- Extraordinary replicated details throughout the home, like the magnificent parquet floor in the beautiful parlor and green floor in the observatory is the exact same green color
- Wood plank floors in six large rooms
- Finely crafted windows, dark green shutters and working front door with trims installed
- Fancy spindles, railings and bricked chimneys
- Painted interior walls are ready to paper if desired
- Only 7 pre-finished parts to assemble
- Finished domed roof, chimneys and front steps simply glue into place
- White glue, a screwdriver and pliers are required to connect the pre-finished building sections with screws and bolts (glue and tools not included)
- Primarily 3/8 inch thick Finished Brick MDF
- Everything you see is included
We recommend checking out The Jefferson Monticello website. It's a very educational site with many different features.
Other fine products
|Scale:||1/2 in. = 1 ft.|
|Rooms:||10 Huge Rooms|
|Era:||c. 1770-1809 completion|